It’s January 2017! I started this blog 4 years ago, and while I haven’t posted as consistently as I wished I had, I love having this archive to look back on. I’ve accomplished a lot and I’ve failed a lot. List time!
Some things that happened in 2016, in no particular order:
1. Boston trip
2. Europe trip
3. Nonnie passed away
4. Started a new job
5. Elodie was born and we’re adding 2 more nieces or nephews to our ever growing list in 2017
Some things I wish I had done better:
1. Sticking to working out. I crushed 9 weeks worth of gym time last year but then stopped completely in October. Oops!
2. Keto. While I was in ketosis most of the year I did slide back into old eating habits twice for a month or so each time. Cheat weekends are great and I can bounce back from those pretty quickly but a whole month of cheating can’t happen again.
3. House projects. I don’t think we accomplished any of them, BUT we did pay back a substantial loan down payment and we’re really happy about that.
Some things I excelled at:
1. Losing weight. I’ve lost and kept off 50 pounds. I’ve got more to go, but I’m so proud of myself.
2. Reconnecting with people. I’m texting more, I’m calling more, I’m endeavoring to go out more.
3. Reading. I read a lot this year, and went to the library monthly.
4. Nails. I did my nails a bunch and am still really enjoying my hobby.
Goals for 2017:
1. I want to lose 30 more pounds this year and am going to continue to do Keto.
2. Get serious about working out. 4 times a week for an hour isn’t that much.
3. Size 6 by August. It’s a massive goal, but I was recently asked to stand in my friend’s wedding and I’m so excited!
4. Blog more. I can at least attempt once a week.
5. www.keenonketo.com. Little keto project Dave and I have on the side. Would love to start recording our podcast and blogging more there.
6. House projects. Ideally I’d love to do either my closet or the laundry room reno.
7. Learn Italian. A lot of the people who come to my office speak Italian and I would really love to learn another language.
8. Travel. We have an upcoming cruise in March but we’d also love to go to Japan.
I’m really looking forward to 2017. I’m sure I’ll fail some of the goals, but writing them down seems like a great first step in keeping them at the forefront of my mind.
I’m gonna just get working and see where 2017 leads.